BP: Blood pressure.
- Irwan AM, Potempa K, Abikusno N, et al. Self-care management for hypertension in Southeast Asia: A scoping review. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2022;15:2015–2032
- Rahman AR, Wang JG, Kwong GM, et al. Perception of hypertension management by patients and doctors in Asia: Potential to improve blood pressure control. Asia Pac Fam Med. 2015;14(1):2.
- Tay JC, Teo BW. Asian management of hypertension: Current status, home blood pressure, and specific concerns in Singapore.J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2020;22(3):508–510.
- Institute for Public Health 2020. National Health and Morbidity Survey (NHMS) 2019: Non-communicable diseases, healthcare demand, and health literacy—Key Findings. Available at: https://iptk.moh.gov.my/images/technical_report/2020/4_Infographic_Booklet_NHMS_2019_-_English.pdf. Accessed on: 13 January 2023.
- Messerli FH, Williams B, Ritz E. Essential hypertension.Lancet. 2007;370(9587):591–603.
- CDC. Getting Blood Pressure Under Control. 2012. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/hypertension/index.html. Accessed on: 7 February 2023.
- Moh.gov.sg. Hypertension. 2017. Available at: https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider4/guidelines/cpg_hypertension-booklet---nov-2017.pdf. Accessed on: 13 January 2023.
- Moh.gov.my. Clinical Practice Guidelines. Management of Hypertension 5th Edition. 2018. Available at: https://www.moh.gov.my/moh/resources/penerbitan/CPG/MSH%20Hypertension%20 CPG%202018%20V3.8%20FA.pdf. Accessed on: 13 January 2023.
The information provided in this leaflet is for information purposes only and is not intended to take the place of the advice of a registered medical practitioner. This information should not be used for diagnosing health problems or for self-medication. For further information, please consult your healthcare professional.