SANOFI is fully committed to the protection of Personal Data and intends to provide you with all relevant information regarding the way in which SANOFI processes your Personal Data on the Website.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA ON THIS WEBSITE ?
Sanofi Egypt is responsible for the processing of Personal Data of individuals using this website and therefore acts as the Controller:
3, El Massaneh St., Zietoun, Cairo, Egypt
P.O. BOX : 1486
Tel : +202 22860000-22860060
Sanofi Egypt, S.A.E., an Egyptian joint stock company duly incorporated and validly existing under the laws of Egypt, commercial registry no. 106526
REMINDER: WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA & PROCESSING?
To make things clear, it is any information that relates to an individual. Such Personal Data can take the form of
- Basic identification information such as your name or date of birth.
- Information that can be attributed to you directly or indirectly – such as a post on a social media
- Information which can be associated to you or your device such as, for instance, an IP address (i.e., the network address of your machine); Etc.
In this regard, the concept of “processing” designates any action that is undertaken on your Personal Data such as, for instance :
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES THIS WEBSITE COLLECT?
When operating, this Website may collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Identification data: any information which allows your identification, whether directly or indirectly such as your name or contact details (address, email address, telephone number), your job type, your company
- Messages: you may send us enquiries using this Website
- Business information.
- Connection data : any information regarding your connection and access to this Website (e.g. type of machine and browser used, timestamp of your connection, IP address, pages visited, etc.), browsing history
- Location data: information that may be provided by your machine and browser about your location if you allow such information to be shared with SANOFI
- Data relating to and data which may be collected by cookies: for more information about cookies, please see below.
In specific situations, SANOFI may process philosophical, political and religious opinions, trade-union membership, sexual orientation, information relating to health, racial or ethnic origin: SANOFI will only process such categories of Personal Data, which qualify as “sensitive” Personal Data or “special categories” of Personal Data if duly permitted under applicable data protection laws. In particular, SANOFI will only process such information it has obtained your prior explicit and specific consent to do so.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DOES THIS WEBSITE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
Any processing of Personal Data must be implemented for a defined purpose. In this respect, the collection and processing of Personal Data on this Website is conducted for the following purposes:
- To allow you to navigate this Website.
- To provide you access to online services, application, and platforms; manage your online accounts.
- To conduct research and development; carry out clinical studies, registries and trials; manage and validate the recruitment and participation of individuals to studies, trials and other operations; analyze demographic data; offer special programs, activities, trials, events or promotions via our services; carry out market or consumer studies.
- To personalize your browsing experience: when using our services; ensure that our services are presented in the way that best suits you; understand your professional and personal interests in our content, products and services or other content and adapt our content to your needs and preferences; present you products and offers tailored to you
- To improve our products and services identify usage trends and develop new products and services; understand how you and your device interacts with our services; track and respond to safety concerns; determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, conduct surveys.
- To allow us to contact you ; respond to your requests or inquiries ; provide support for products and services ; provide you with important information, administrative information, required notices, and promotional materials ; send you news and information about our products, our services, our brands, our operations ; organize and manage professional events and congresses, including your participation to such events
ON WHAT GROUNDS DOES THIS WEBSITE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
For the purposes of this Website, your Personal Data is only processed on the basis of:
- A contractual relationship between you and SANOFI: in such case, the processing of your Personal Data is generally necessary to the execution or the performance of the contract; this means that if you do not wish SANOFI to process your Personal Data in that context, SANOFI may or will be obliged to refuse to enter into such contract with you or will not be able to provide the products or services covered in this contract.
- Sanofi’s “legitimate interest” of SANOFI in the sense of applicable data protection law. In such a case, SANOFI shall consider your fundamental rights and interests in determining whether the processing is legitimate and legal.
HOW LONG IS THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED ON THIS WEBSITE RETAINED?
Sanofi will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary.
Sanofi will only retain your personal data for the duration necessary to achieve the purposes outlined in this Policy. Sanofi will tell you the exact shelf life applicable through the Information Mentions pertaining thereto.
By derogation, Sanofi may be required to retain your Personal Data for a longer period of time, in accordance with what is authorized or prescribed by applicable law, or to the extent that it is necessary to protect its rights and interests.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
SANOFI may transfer your Personal Data both internally (i.e. to other SANOFI entities) and/or externally to third party service providers for :
- the management of your account
- identifying access to the Site
- improving and personalizing the Site and our products, services and our activity in general
- corresponding with you in order to resolve any request or complaint
- better understanding your areas of interest and preferences, to improve our channels of communication and interaction with you
- sending you communications and other information that we think you may find useful or that you have asked us for
- to conduct interviews for market research purposes with market research agencies upon your approval.
Where such internal or external transfer of Personal Data implies the transfer of your Personal Data to a country providing a lower level of protection to Personal Data than generally afforded in your jurisdiction, SANOFI will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided to your Personal Data by implementing adequate safeguards such as the European Standard Contractual Clauses, the SANOFI Binding Corporate Rules or asking for your prior explicit consent.
YOUR RIGHTS: SANOFI WILL ENSURE THAT YOU CAN EXERCICE YOUR RIGHTS PERTAINING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can exercise your rights as provided by applicable data protection laws.
To this end, Sanofi informs you that you have the right :
- to have access upon simple request to your Personal Data – in which case you may receive a copy of such data (if requested), unless such data is made directly available to you, for instance within your personal account
- to obtain a correction of your Personal Data if it’s inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- to obtain the deletion of your Personal Data in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (‘right to be forgotten’).
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of Persona Data processing without affecting the legality of processing, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of your consent.
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data, where your Personal Data has been collected and processed on the basis of legitimate interests of SANOFI, in which case you will need to justify your request by explaining to us your particular situation;
- to ask for a limitation of the processing of Personal Data processing in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law ;
- to receive your Personal Data so that they can be transmitted from SANOFI to a third-party or to have your Personal Data directly transferred by SANOFI to the third-party of your choice, where technically feasible (data portability right allowed only where the processing is based on your consent)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below and we will take necessary steps to respond as soon as possible.
You may also file a complaint before a competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your Personal Data. While we suggest that you contact us beforehand, if you wish to exercise this right, you should contact directly the competent data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can send any request pertaining to SANOFI’s use of your Personal Data to our Data Protection Officer at the following email address: Privacy.Office-EGYPT@sanofi.com