To watch guide video, click below
Prescribe Patient Dose Plan
Create A Dose Plan Template
Monitor Patients’ progress & Adjust dose plan
WELCOME TO MY DOSE COACH
My Dose Coach is a digital titration platform, combining the My Dose Coach web portal for healthcare teams and the My Dose Coach app for patients who are taking once-daily long-acting basal insulin.
HOW MY DOSE COACH WORKS
The My Dose Coach web portal allows you to set up and customize a dose plan for your type 2 diabetes patients taking long-acting basal insulin. You can review your patients’ treatment progress and modify their dose plan if needed.
The My Dose Coach app automatically sends regular basal insulin dose recommendations to patients according to their fasting blood glucose readings and dose adjustment instructions pre-set by you.
MY DOSE COACH FLOW
You need to register the patient in the My Dose Coach web portal, set a dose plan and train them on how to use the My Dose Coach app. The dose plan is sent to the patient’s phone via a text message.
The patient needs to download the My Dose Coach app, and activate their plan in the app. The patient then needs to record their daily fasting blood glucose readings regularly to start getting insulin dose recommendations based on their prescribed dose plan.
You can review your patient’s blood glucose and insulin dose data in the My Dose Coach web portal. You can also choose to modify or deactivate a patient’s dose plan if needed.
GETTING UP MY DOSE COACH
TO GET STARTED YOU MUST FIRST LOG INTO MY DOSE COACH WEB PORTAL.
- Contact your Sanofi representative or the call center to receive your log in details.
- You will receive an email that contains a link to the My Dose Coach web portal and your log in details.
REGISTERING A NEW PATIENT
- Click ‘Register Patient’ from the top menu.
- Fill in the required fields.
Ensure the phone number is correct. This is how the dose plan activation link is sent to your patient’s mobile phone.
PRESCRIBING AND SENDING A DOSE PLAN
- Find the patient in the patient list, and then click on “Manage Patient Dose Plan".
- Select ‘Create New Dose Plan from Template’.
- Select the template that you intend to use as a starting point for this patient’s dose plan.
- Set the dose parameters (insulin name, starting dose, maximum daily dose), the titration rules (the dose adjustment frequency, patient blood glucose testing adherence, plan duration) and the insulin dose adjustments rules.
There is an important drop-down box to set whether the patient needs to contact youwhen they report hypoglycaemia in the app, and whether the current dose plan should continue or not.
- Attest the patient is trained to use My Dose Coach.
- Only send a dose plan when your patient has been trained to use My Dose Coach .If the patient has not been trained yet, you can click ‘Save Until Patient Trained’to save the dose plan.
CREATING A DOSE PLAN TEMPLATE
- Select ‘Manage Templates’ from the top menu.
From here you can modify existing templates,or create new ones rom blank or pre-loadedtemplates (pre-loaded templates are market specific and based on local, clinically validated insulin titration algorithms).
- Name your new template, and set whether you want this template to be shared within your clinic or kept private.
- Set the titration rules - these include the dose adjustment frequency and how often patients should measure the fasting blood glucose within one dose cycle.
- Set the dose adjustment rules according to fasting blood glucose levels. Please refer to the Instructions for Use for more detail.
- After filling in the clinic’s phone number, and any extra instructions, the template is complete.
- This can be modified when setting up a patient’s specific plan.
SENDING A DOSE PLAN TO YOUR PATIENT
Once you have trained your patient to use My Dose Coach, you can send them their dose plan.
When a dose plan is sent, the patient will receive a text message with a link that activates the dose plan on their mobile phone.
Please note, the link will expire within 72 hours.
SENDING UPDATED DOSE PLANS TO YOUR PATIENT
Whenever you update or change a dose plan, clicking ‘Save and Send’ (see page 6), will send the updated dose plan to your patient.
The patient will receive a text message with a link to the update. The patient taps the link, logs in, and the dose plan is updated automatically.
PATIENT’S VIEW: HOME SCREEN OVERVIEW
- Fasting blood glucose button
- Insulin dose button
- Low blood sugar button
- Dose suggestion
CREATING A DOSE PLAN TEMPLATE
As your patients use My Dose Coach, their blood glucose and insulin data are synchronized to the My Dose Coach web portal. To review your patient’s titration progress:
- Find your patient in the patient list and click on their name.
- Click on ‘Patient Titration History’. This shows a chronological history of the dates and times that your patient recorded their fasting blood glucose readings and took their insulin doses, allowing you to look at the overall picture of your patient’s treatment.
- You can use this data to evaluate your patient’s treatment progress, and whether you need to modify or extend the dose plan, or call the patient in for a consultation.