Time in Range matters1-2 and so do the results of the InRange study: Toujeo vs Degludec in Type 13
There are more similarities than differences in the BRIGHT study: Toujeo vs Degludec4 in Type 2
- Beck RW, Bergenstal RM, Riddlesworth TD, et al. Validation of time in range as an outcome measure for diabetes clinical trials. Diabetes Care, 2019;42:400-405.
- Runge AS, Kennedy L, Brown AS, et al. Does time-in-range matter? Perspectives from people with diabetes on the success of current therapies and the drivers of improved outcomes. Clinical Diabetes. 2018;36: 112-119.
- Battelino T, Danne T, Edelman S et al. Comparison of Second-Generation Basal Insulin Analogues Glargine 300U/mL Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring in People with T1D: InRange Randomised Controlled Trial. Presented at ATTD, Barcelona, April 2022.
- Rosenstock J, et al. Diabetes Care. 2018;41:2147–2154
- Toujeo 300 units/ml DoubleStar, solution for injection in a pre-filled pen. Summary of Product Characteristics.
Toujeo® Coach is the patient support programme developed and funded by Sanofi. The Toujeo® Coach team are specialised in diabetes and provide personalised, one-to-one, telephone coaching and support to patients who are prescribed Toujeo®.
Website dedicated to people with diabetes
Find resources and support for your patients on Toujeo®. Help patients understand the basics of living and staying well with diabetes and how to have a positive start and experience with the medication prescribed to them.
Start and Switch
A summary on how to start or switch your diabetes patients to Toujeo®. Please note: close metabolic monitoring is recommended during any insulin switch and in the initial weeks thereafter.
Watch peer-to-peer videos of payors and healthcare professionals sharing best practices of adopting a rapid acting insulin biosimilar.
Toujeo Evidence in Type 1 Adults
Dr Winston Crasto gives a brief overview of how Toujeo may help you find the right balance between effective HbA1c reductions and the risk of severe hypoglycaemia in your adult patients with T1DM.
Toujeo Evidence in Type 2 Adults Initiated on Basal Insulin
Diabetes Specialist Nurse - Beth Kelly gives an overview of how Toujeo® may help you to find the right balance between effective HbA1c reductions and hypoglycaemia during basal insulin initiation in people with T2DM.
Toujeo evidence in Adults with T2DM and impaired renal function
Dr Janaka Karalliedde goes through some of the strategies to support the person with T2DM and impaired renal function. He also covers the role of 2nd generation basal insulins in achieving effective HbA1c reductions without compromising hypoglycaemia in this vulnerable population.
Date of Preparation: June 2022