How does DUPIXENT help recover smell?
Smell loss is a hallmark symptom of CRS with nasal polyps, but how can patients regain their sense of smell? Watch as experts in the field explain how targeting inflammation is key to restoring sense of smell and how it can be the first improvement that patients notice.”1-4
DUPIXENT targets IL-4 and IL-13 to address the underlying inflammation of CRS with nasal polyps, resulting in rapid improvement in outcomes such as sense of smell as early as Day 3, and 2 out of 3 DUPIXENT patients were able to smell again at Week 24.1-6
- Mullol J, Bachert C, Amin N, et al. Olfactory outcomes with dupilumab in chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2022;10(4):1086-1095.e5. doi:10.1016/j.jaip.2021.09.037
- Hellings PW, Peters AT, Chaker AM, et al. Rapid and sustained effects of dupilumab in severe chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2022;12(7):958-962. doi:10.1002/alr.22944
- Dupixent Summary of Product Characteristics, 2022.
- Bachert C, Han JK, Desrosiers M, et al. Efficacy and safety of dupilumab in patients with severe chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps (LIBERTY NP SINUS-24 and LIBERTY NP SINUS-52): results from two multicentre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group phase 3 trials. Lancet. 2019;394(10209):1638-1650. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(19)31881-1
- Gandhi NA, Bennett BL, Graham NMH, Pirozzi G, Stahl N, Yancopoulos GD. Targeting key proximal drivers of type 2 inflammation in disease. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2016;15(1):35-50. doi:10.1038/nrd4624
- Schleimer RP. Immunopathogenesis of chronic rhinosinusitis and nasal polyposis. Annu Rev Pathol. 2017;12:331-357. doi:10.1146/annurev-pathol-052016-100401